I just finished reading Steve Pavlina’s article “200 Things I Love About Writing” located at http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2007/12/200-things-i-love-about-writing/. This contact I manifested within five minutes of putting the intention out to the Akashik Field (see my previous blog on 11/27/11). It is 12.30 a.m. and I am sleepy, but I feel inspired to write the reasons I want to write. Steve recommends that we write about our present job or the one we want to transition into, so I wrote these as they came to me—a total of 108 reasons why I want to write. Afterwards, when I read them, I saw that they went from reasons that were mostly about personal ego satisfaction, to reasons more focused on helping others. The reasons came easy until number 55, but then I had to pause for the reasons to flow again.
1. Writing is my Prozac.
2. I am helping myself by writing.
3. I may help others.
4. My wife is happy that I am writing.
5. My sisters appreciate the quality of my writings.
6. Writing is my calling.
7. It gives my life meaning.
8. Writing is my Dharma (duty).
9. It is my Seva (service with gratitude).
10. It could make me famous.
11. By writing I can make new friends.
12. My books will be wanted.
13. I will make my father proud.
14. I will make money.
15. My children will be proud.
16. It is my purpose.
17. It is the purpose I was being prepared for.
18. My stars say so; I am in the Mercury period now.
19. It will make my fellow Desis proud.
20. My native country will be proud.
21. By writing, I could change somebody’s life.
22. I will bring hope to others.
23. I will help others heal.
24. I will make others happy.
25. I may help others deal with cancer.
26. I could help people with chronic pain.
27. My writings may prevent suicide.
28. My writing is message of Hope.
29. I may get invited to TV shows.
30. I may get to talk to Oprah.
31. I may get invited to the White House.
32. It will increase the number of my Facebook friends.
33. More people will follow me on Twitter.
34. My articles could be “Stumbled.”
35. I get to write my dark nights.
36. I get to follow the quote, “The Path is the Goal.”
37. I get to put the Law of Attraction into action.
38. I get to write from my intuition.
39. It may help others to break their limiting beliefs.
40. I get write of Gita’s wisdom of detached actions.
41. I get to stretch my personal limits.
42. I get to manifest from the Akashik Field (Unified Field).
43. I could win a prize.
44. My writing could be a movie.
45. I may get more joint ventures.
46. It will make my editor proud.
47. I get to write something of real value to others.
48. I get to connect with people on a spiritual level.
49. By writing I get to prove that: “Nothing is impossible.”
50. I get to write my freedom.
51. Writing is my meditation.
52. I get to write for generations to come.
53. I get to write what I choose.
54. I an able to choose when to write.
55. My teachers will be proud.
56. My written English will improve.
57. I get to type in the proper way.
58. By writing, I practice new skills.
59. By my writing jokes, I can make others laugh.
60. Writing helps me connect to my soul.
61. It is my finger yoga.
62. It is my path to Heaven.
63. It is my Nirvana.
64. I get to help the poor.
65. I get to write about preventing child sex trade.
66. I help spread world peace.
67. I help prevent fraud.
68. By writing I help eradicate racial prejudices.
69. I get to express my medical expertise.
70. I get to write about Ayurveda.
71. I get to write about what cannot be “written.”
72. I get to write about Eastern philosophies.
73. I get write my dreams.
74. I can write my “flow.”
75. I get to write about the medical benefits of yoga.
76. I get to write about Mantra healing.
77. I get to write about the Chakra system.
78. Writing makes me fearless.
79. By writing I prove “The pen is mightier than the sword.”
80. I get to express my thoughts in 21st century media.
81. My writings may help people globally .
82. My writing may help eradicate the caste system in India.
83. By writing, I gain a new profession.
84. Writing enables me to learn about other cultures.
85. By writing I get to travel a lot.
86. I get to write from my heart chakra.
87. Writing my shames may help, they are not alone.
88. By writing I get to express my authentic self.
89. Writing will help me transform.
90. I will help others raise their level of consciousness.
91. By writing I help give birth to a new humanity.
92. Writing helps to ease my pains.
93. My writing could help an attitude of care for our Earth.
94. My writing can help others with addiction.
95. I can help spread spirituality.
96. Through writing, I please God.
97. I help break religious barriers.
98. By writing, I help prevent animal abuse.
99. My writing may prevent terrorist attacks.
100. Writing enables me to help unify people.
101. By writing, I help the evolution of humans.
102. Through writing, I keep myself busy.
103. Writing helps keep my mind healthy and sharp.
104. By writing, I help spread total wellness.
105. My writings will help promote the Science of Happiness.
106. To write, to pour my heart out.It is my rising of Kundalini.
107. To write to channel the ancient wisdoms of the East.
108. To write to wisdoms of mystics like Rumi and Osho.
My friends, try this exercise. You may be surprised at what gets expressed. It was great fun, but now it is 2 a.m. and I am going to sleep. Good Night.